OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

OpenOfficeWriter suddenly printing in tiny font

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tekla

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: OpenOfficeWriter suddenly printing in tiny font Reply with quote

My OS is linux, Slackware 11. I'm using CUPS.

OpenOffice Writer has been printing just fine but suddenly started printing in very tiny print. What should be the entire page shows up in the upper right quarter of the printed page.

It did this for a few days, then reverted to printing the correct size. Three days later, it's back to teeny weeny printing.

The page preview shows the correct page; the printed page differs from the page preview.

KWord is printing the correct size. So I can copy an OO document to KWord, format it again, and print it. But that got old immediately.
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are printing from the Page Preview dialog using the Print icon this will happen*. In Page Preview do Ctrl+P instead.

* The Print icon help says, "Print page view" and the default page view 1 row, 2 columns so the font must be reduced. Click the icon to the right of Print to see and/or adjust the page view.
tekla

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply. However, I am not printing from Page Preview, nor do I ever use the Print icon there.

After reading your reply, I opened a file, looked at the Page Preview, returned to Print Layout view, pressed Control-P and then OK. The first page was reduced to 1/4 of the page -- the upper right hand corner. The second page was reduced to 1/4 of the page -- but the upper left hand corner.

On the Page Preview page I found the icon that opens Page Options and reset Columns to 1 -- that changed neither the Print Preview nor the way the page printed -- whether or not I used the Print Icon on Page Preview.

It would seem that something is set incorrectly. Is there a way within OpenOffice to change this or a file that needs to be corrected? (I have OpenOffice 2.2.1.) If not, do I need to reinstall OpenOffice, perhaps?
tekla

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I open a document and print it as "print to file" and then view the document with ghostview, I see the first page of the document squeezed into the upper right hand quarter of the page and the second page squeezed into the upper left hand quarter of the page.

That's also what I get when I print, though when I view the document within writer, either with Print Layout or Page Preview, the page looks normal, not squeezed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: