OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Pagination

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
psaulm119
OOo Enthusiast
OOo Enthusiast

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:43 am    Post subject: Pagination Reply with quote

I tried OOO twice in the last year or 2, each time stumbling over the awkward method for inserting pagination in a document. I would like to go to have page numbers on the top right corner of my document, in a series (e.g., 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.). Last time I tried OOO, I had to set up footers, then insert numbers there, then use this particular page style or whatever. I went to the OOO Help and found nothing except some references to teh nightmare scenario I went through before. Is there an easy, quick way to insert page numbers? Thanks much.
RGB
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insert -> header -> default. Then: Insert -> fields -> page number. Finally align right, if you want. I'm not so sure what do you mean with "in a series", but page numbering was extensively treated before in this forum. Use the search tool for more information.
Good luck, and be patient!!! Everything you want of writer is there
psaulm119
OOo Enthusiast
OOo Enthusiast

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THanks. Worked like a charm (I did a search, but evidently gave up too soon). They really ought to put that in the help file. Well I'm going to experiment with tables (about the only thing I do in MS Word docs, apart from typing in text), and if it converts back and forth, my Works Office Suite 2003 is up for sale on amazon.com. Laughing

Thanks again.
ftack

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed and removed OOo five times before becoming a regular user and now an exclusive user of OOo, so don't give up too soon Wink I don't expect much troubles for you with tables, although there is one issue with OOo that you may come across when wirking with large tables with, more particularly, large cells. Although OOo will split a table between rows accros separate tables, it will not split WITHIN the row across pages. This can be a limitation if you have rows containing several lines of text and makes it for example hardly possible to use tables as a layout tool for creating parallel columns. I hope this issue will be addressed in future versions because currently there is no elegant way to make parrallell columns in writer across pages.
psaulm119
OOo Enthusiast
OOo Enthusiast

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of my tables are 1 page only, but thanks for the warning--if things goof up I won't pull my hair out and assume its just me.

Yeah I guess this is my third time around with OOo. Its noticeably smoother than a year or two ago, and has some things that MS Word doesn't have. I'm enjoying this. Last time, trying to insert pagination was enough to give me a coronary. This time, as you can see above, it is so easy. Here we go.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: