OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

"template and documents---new documents" dialog bo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buckety

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: "template and documents---new documents" dialog bo Reply with quote

hey,

seems petty, yes. but it's very annoying:

freshly installed mepis 7.0, which happily included open office 2.3. every time I open a document from my home directory, open office throws up a "Templates and Documents---New Documents" dialog box that I have to close in order to get to my document. It does this with every document, i.e. if I open four docs from my home directory, I end up with four annoying dialog boxes in my way.

notably, if I open documents from open office file---->open I do not have this problem. however, I really prefer to use my home directory and was able to do this on my old install of mepis 6.5 (don't know what version of ooo) with no troubles.

does anyone have an easy fix for this?
thanks,
buckety
AlanDavidson
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:28 am    Post subject: Re: "template and documents---new documents" dialo Reply with quote

buckety wrote:
every time I open a document from my home directory, open office throws up a "Templates and Documents---New Documents" dialog box

When you open a document from your home directory, do you use double-click, or right-click > OpenOffice?

It might make a difference.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: