OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Display of chapter/title of book in header?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jordanawef
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Display of chapter/title of book in header? Reply with quote

How can the header of the document be changed to display the title on the left (odd numbered pages), and the chapter title on the right side of the right page (even numbered pages)?
floris_v

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to use page styles for that. Hit F11 to open the stylist, then select the fourth icon at the top to access the page styles. Right click the page style you need and select Modify. Click the Header tab, check Header on and uncheck Same content left/right. You can now enter different values on left and right pages.

If your your problem has been solved, please edit the first post of this thread (Edit button) and add [Solved] to the start of the subject line.
jordanawef
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: not solved Reply with quote

HI, its partially solved.

When I try to add a style to my page, it changes all of the pages for the entire document, sointead what I did was dollow the help files instructions.

For me it wold be helpgful if the styels were set up someone that i could insert the chapter title along wit the page number on the right page of every document. and not have it change all the pages in the entire document - the right pages. the left pges are all fine.

Hw how?
floris_v

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a baffling thing with page styles - they work across the document until the next manual page break.

In File - Properties - Description you can enter the title of the book, then you can use the Title field (Insert - Fields - Title). If you use heading 1 styles for chapter titles, you can simply use the Chapter title field in the heading too. That way you don't need to have separate page styles for each chapter.

Hope this helps.
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That's a baffling thing with page styles - they work across the document until the next manual page break.
That's Insert > Manual Break > Page Break and select a new page style.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: