OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Disable or change general shortcut keys? --SOLVED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frank Billington
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Disable or change general shortcut keys? --SOLVED Reply with quote

In the help file of OOo 2.4 under

keyboard;general commands

there is a table showing some of the predefined keyboard shortcuts. One of them is ctrl+p which invokes the print document dialog. Unfortunately, this is also the key combination that I use to execute a macro in some invoice documents that I have been creating over the past two years. This OOo keyboard shortcut (which did not exist in OOo 2.0) overrides my macro trigger.

Is there a way to disable or change the general shortcut keys defined on OOo?

Tools | Customize | Keyboard does not work as ctrl+p is not defined there. I can override it there, but I cannot delete or disable it from there.

Thanks.

Frank.

Last edited by Frank Billington on Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mark B
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Frank

I've written a tutorial that may help you: Extend OpenOffice Custom Keys with a Listener

Mark
Frank Billington
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark:

Are you saying that this is the mechanism that OOo uses to establish the current cntrl+p behavior, and that it can be undone or canceled using the example you give on that link?

If so, then I'll have to study it more closely this afternoon. I've been away for a few days, and got in late last night, so have only glanced at it. I'm not a programmer, so I'll have to sit down and try to figure it out.

Frank.
Frank Billington
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'm answering my own post, but just in case someone else has a similar problem....

I was trying to assign a macro embedded in a document to a key combination, something that is not done often. My issue had to do with it being too long since I last did this. The regular tools work just fine, and the help file gives the instructions to be followed. RTFM. Smile

In Writer, cntrl-p is assigned internally to printing the document. In Calc, it is not assigned. I wanted to use the cntrl-p combination in a calc spreadsheet, so the issue I originally raised did not even exist.

There was a bug in previous versions that I cannot confirm in 2.4.1 (Linux), but here is the link nonetheless. It has to do with the macros in the document not showing up in the keyboard editor.

http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=33607&highlight=assign+macro+key+combination

Frank.

PS. Did another install and, yes, that bug has been squashed in 2.4.1. Therefore the standard tools would have done the job just fine had I reread the instructions.

-FB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: