OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Standalone .exe from calc file?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramirin
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Standalone .exe from calc file? Reply with quote

I have multisheet calc file which is connected to other calc files. Is it possible to create standalone exe file where I could use pivot table and see all sheets but all toolbars and stuff wouldn't be there, also formulas should be hidden.. Question

I know I can hide toolbars from oo, but I need them with other files..

And if not, is it possible to somehow lock the file so that saving would be disabled Question
Villeroy
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calc is the spreadsheet component of OpenOffice.org. It is not a programming environment.
PromptJock
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the dude (dudette?) is asking is this: is there a way to make a stand-alone, self-executing spreadsheet that will run as an application in itself?

The idea is to create a single-task, single-purpose "module" that can be deployed to a "target" client or workgroup. The "target" then runs the "module", enters any necessary data (via auto-run macros), gets the answer (usually generating a printed report), then reports that answer back to the spreadsheet creator. The main advantages are none of the "targets" would be able to "futz-up" the spreadsheet formatting or "tinker" with any formulae - what you saw was what you got!

Way Back In The (good old?) DOS Days, there existed a utility called 123toexe (I believe that was the name?) that would take a Lotus 123 spreadsheet (the standard of the day) and make it into a self-executing .exe file for the purposes described above. As I also recall, this was in the days before networking where files were "shared" via the "mailing" of floppy discs from one person to another (either via postal service, courier, or hand-carrying - a.k.a. "sneakernet").

With the conclusion of the history lesson Smile , the answer is sorry ramirin, there's no way possible (at this time?) to make a stand-alone, self-executing calc spreadsheet.
ramirin
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information, while waiting the exe creator I have some more questions

How about locking the file so that even if changes have been made, program does not allow user to save any changes at any time (without passwd or smthing)? Now it always ask if user want's to save changes.. Remember I still wan't to allow user temporarily make changes..

What other possibilities there are to create 'user interface' for calc files? Is it possible to hide formula bar and stuff in only specific files while they are shown as default?

What if I try to move to oo base with my tables.. Is there solution for me to have separate user interface?
Mahogan
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there still not a standalone exe creator for a Calc spreadsheet?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: