OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Formulas in Draw labels do not paste into Write

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Draw
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EnriquePerezTerron

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:24 am    Post subject: Formulas in Draw labels do not paste into Write Reply with quote

Hello all,

I don't know if this is a bug in Writer or in Draw or even in Formula.

I pasted into a Writer document a diagram created in Draw, but text labels containing formulas in the diagram do not appear neither on the screen nor in print. The text labels consisted of a letter and a nummeric subscript.

To create the subscript in Draw I type "I sub 1", mark the text and invoke Insert/Object/Formula.

When I print the diagram from Draw, the labels appear. They also appear on screen in Draw. When I mark and move the diagram in Draw the text elements are shown as rectangular outlines while I drag, similar to the other elements. In other words, everything appears quite normal in Draw. One exception: I tried to group the elements of the diagram including the text elements, and then ungrouped the group. At that point the contents of the formulas disappeared and a colored icon with a question mark (similar to the one shown in browsers when a graphic has not been downloaded) appeared for each label. Double clicking them invoked Formula, but the command window was empty. Typing "I sub 1 <esc>" in the formula command window restored the label.

I first pasted the grouped diagram, then tried to paste the ungrouped diagram, still no labels. I have pasted non-formula labels on earlier occasions, no problem.

Any suggestion?

Regards, Enrique
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Draw All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: