OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Copying Macros problem /reinstalling

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gnat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Copying Macros problem /reinstalling Reply with quote

After system crash I've had to reinstall everything. I tried copying a couple of macros I wrote from my backup disc directly to ApplicationData/OpenOffice2/usr/basic/ but when I open OO it doesn't see the macros.

I've also tried copying the script.xlb & dialog.xlb files on the chance that they might be necessary for OO to see the macros, but still nothing doing.

Any ideas?
Danad
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

If your macros are in libraries other than Standard:

1) Tools >> Macros >> Organize Dialogs
2) Tab Libraries >> Import
3) Select the script.xlb file

HTH
Gnat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Copying Macros problem /reinstalling Reply with quote

They were in Standard, so I copied the Standard folder from the backup disk (& made a backup of the live Standard foder just in case) and pasted over the live Standard folder. The macros in the new Standard remain invisible.

I thought I might be working with the wrong Standard folder--but I edited the default macro from OO and it changed the file in the folder I've been fiddling with, so it seems to be the right one. (~/Application Data/OpenOffice/user/basic/standard).

So: maybe I should ask: where is the Standard folder and if I am replacing the right one, why are the macros in the new, replaced Standard folder invisible to Tools/Macos/Organize Macros etc. etc. --invisible??? Is there a .ini or something that doesn't list them so OO can't see 'em?
DVezina
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are all your macros in the same module (i.e., Module1)? If so, open Module1.xba in WordPad and see if your Macros are there.
Danad
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Close ooo and quickstart.

Inside ooo_user_install/user/basic you have *.xlc files that has entries to your libraries, look if there is one to Standard.

Inside ooo_user_install/user/basic/standard you have config files (*.xlb) and modules files (*.xba). The first ones (*.xlb) has entries to all modules (*.xba) inside Standard.

They are xml files that you can edit using a plain text editor (e.g. notepad2).

Resuming:
1) *.xlc points to libraries that an user has access;
2) each library has *.xlb that points to library modules;
3) *.xba has the source code to modules and dialogs.

HTH
Gnat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Copying Macros problem /reinstalling Reply with quote

Thanks!

I'm not sure what "ooo_user_install" refers to. When I moved the entire Standard folder (Application Data/OO/user/basic/) from the backup to the new machine, and then restarted OO, OO couldn't see it. (I didn't stop Quickstarter, however, which may be the problem...)

In the meantime, the only way I could transfer the macro was to take the original one, open it in a text editor, edit out the xml and html coding and then copy and paste it into a new module via Tools/Macros/Organize Macros... . So I'm all set.

But I still don't understand why OO wouldn't see stuff that was in Standard that was there: I could see the files & read them by opening Module1, etc. in a text editor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: