OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Broken Link between .odt merge file and .odb database

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmw
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Broken Link between .odt merge file and .odb database Reply with quote

I have developed an extensive mail merge form in Writer. It is linked to a base database. It works great. This was developed in oo 2.4.1 on Windows XP. I have moved both of these files to other XP computers and they work fine. However, when I move the files to a Windows Vista Home Premium machine the mail merge says that it can not find the data source and opens a window to "check connection settings". Everything is OK. The database is registered in oo and works fine on the Vista computer. In writer, I can click on the "data sources" icon, select the proper table, and the records/fields appear as they should. However, even in this configuration, with the records/fields showing in the writer window, mail merge still says it can not find the data source. Any Ideas?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: