OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Powerpoint export opens blank in Powerpoint

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:41 am    Post subject: Powerpoint export opens blank in Powerpoint Reply with quote

I've saved a presentation in Powerpoint (.ppt) format. When I open it in Powerpoint, the slides contents are all empty althought the headers and footers from the slide master are there. I do see the first page of slide content in the Powerpoint preview.

What's going on here and, more important, how do I export to .ppt correctly?

Thanks,

Seth, grimes@acm.org
Cole Montgomery

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: I had the same problem... Reply with quote

I have been having the same problem, kinda.

I make presentations in OOo 1.1.1 in Windows and export them to PPT. When I go to open them on the Mac that I use to present with, it crashes PowerPoint on loading.
guest123321

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:44 am    Post subject: text color Reply with quote

Are the slides really empty or is it actually written in white on white ?
To solve the second problem, just verify that you have explicitly choosen a police color when you enter text in OOo. If you use the 'default color', OOo may export a different color than the one in your source doc.
grimes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: They're really empty Reply with quote

I've tried loading them both on Windows 2000 with Office 2000 and on MacOS 9.1 with Office 98, which crashes for me too.

On Windows, they're really empty. That is, the slide master text (headers and footers) shows up but there's one of those boxes in the main slide area with "click to enter text" or something like that. But the preview screen when I'm opening the .ppt shows the first slide so I'm confident the content is really there!

Seth
grimes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Can View Outline Reply with quote

There's more:

When I switch to View | Outline, I see all the slide text. I'll try exporting from that somehow and reimporting into Powerpoint. Unfortunately I have to have a good .ppt file to give to someone else.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: