OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

[SOLVED] Problems printing a report

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
M3H0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject: [SOLVED] Problems printing a report Reply with quote

Hi everyone there,

I have developed a database (my first database) to manage the Bibliography research of my PHD. In that database, among many fields, there is one which contains the abstract of each article that I have.

I have created a report using Sun Report Builder 1.0.3 (by the way, I didn´t manage to install the last version of it). All the fields are correctly shown except the field corresponding to the abstract. The problem is that the text contained in that field (defined as LONGVARCHAR) is longer that the dimension of the field size that I defined in the Sun Report Builder´s design view and that´s why when I generate my report it shows a red arrow (Inside the blue circle in the atached figure) in which I have to click in order to scroll down the text. When I print the report the texts that are longer than the defined field size are truncated (it is printed only the text contained inside that field size, but not the whole text).

I guess it might be an option or a command, but I didn´t get it working yet and I didn´t find any reference to that problem in the help or the forum. Could anyone help me?

Thank you in advance,

Last edited by M3H0 on Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
r4zoli
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before printing if you see red arrow, change report to edit mode. You can resize table row, until your text fit into cell, save changes, and print,

PS. Report is a document where all data inserted into table cells.
M3H0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

At first thanks for your reply. I have tryed to do what you told me and it is a solution, but it is not what I'm looking for.

If I make the field box bigger, the whole text will have enough space as to appear in the report, but then, in the cases where text is shorter a lot of blank space will appear between the different articles of the report.

What I´m looking for is that the size of the field box will change dinamically for each article as it would occupy less space and the use of paper needed to print the report will be more efficient.

However, thank you a lot for your reply Very Happy
r4zoli
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you see for SRB planned features it is a last point in list, and only first two will be developed until 3.0 with SRB 1.0.5.
This means that required feature will be in OOo, but not in near future.
M3H0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so I suppose I will have to wait for a while to do it.

Thank you a lot for your help one more time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: