OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

page breaks and blank pages

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: page breaks and blank pages Reply with quote

I cannot see my page breaks (or any breaks for that matter) even though I have this feature turned on i.e. checked. It still does not show the page breaks.

I have a blank page at the end my document I can't get rid of. I don't know if there is a page break because they do not display. I have tried deleting the paragraph marker as well as using the back space but nothing works. I can't get rid of this page and it is in a resume so I don't want to look foolish. I have to submit on line.

How do I get rid of this.

thanks!
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When a manual page break is made the top margin of the new page is a slightly different color. The color can be controlled at Tools > Options > Appearance > Text Document >Pages and column breaks. I set mine to red.

Generally going to the top of the last blank page and tapping Backspace should eliminate it. Try toggling Ctrl+F10 to see if you have more than one blank paragraph there.
BS

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I can now see the page break. I set it to red. however, i cannot select it or delete it. If I go to the top of that page and hit backspace it simply goes to the previous page and leaves the blank page.

What is my next option?
BS

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I discovered that the problem was due to the fact the "break" was checked in my table. My information is in tabular form so when I eliminated the "break" check box in the table dialog box the break went away.

thank you for the tip on changing the color so I could find the break in the first place. It was easier to figure out a solution once I figured out what was causing the issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: