OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

disable "Text Import" popup when pasting text from

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jace
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:29 am    Post subject: disable "Text Import" popup when pasting text from Reply with quote

When I copy some text from a spreadsheet and paste it somewhere else, no problem. But when I copy some text from another application (notepad, or from a website, or whatever) and paste that into Calc, I suddenly get a "Text Import" popup where I have to choose the character set (Unicode) and such.

Is there some way I can disable this? Or just say "always use <these> options, don't ask again" or something?
Villeroy
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dump into plain text files and use linked sheets (Insert>Sheet from File with option "Llink")
Jace
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion, but that sounds like even more effort than just OK'ing the popup Smile

Is there no way to disable that popup?

Note that I *am* copying plain text into Calc, no styled or otherwise fancy text.
Jace
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: I noticed that, strangely enough, the popup does not show up always. When I copy-paste some multiline text (containing enters / end of lines) it always comes up. When copy-pasting a single line, it shows up most of the time, but I couldn't figure out what makes the difference.

Does anyone know if there's a way to prevent it completely??
Villeroy
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want to paste plain text into a table-grid. The software can not read your mind. It needs to ask about the details.
Anser
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also like to know whether this is possible. I am trying to copy a Tab Delimited text from clipboard to Calc thru a Macro code. The problem is that the Uno:Paste will invoke a dialog named "Text Import" and the user has to manually click the OK button in the dialog.

Is there any way to avoid the Dialog from appearing by sending few parameters to the Dispatcher.Execute

Regards

Anser
SoerenB
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: SOLVED?? - disable "Text Import" popup - and other Reply with quote

I just installed the distribution from go-oo.org. It does behave differently - haven't completely figured out how, though. Paste from htmlText seems to omit the import dialogue. Paste from text (notepad) does so, too - as long as it came from a single line. See for yourself whether that suits your needs - don't forget backing up your userprofile before uninstalling OOoProper.

Greetings
Soeren
eran.shileikis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: OO Calc -- Copy&Paste w/ Unpredictable Text Import Pop-u Reply with quote

Hey Folks,

So for awhile now, I've been having an experience similar to Mr. Jace.

When I use OO Calc, I have numerous files where I use the CTRL + Enter Function to Create Multiple Lines within a Cell. Often, I find myself reorganizing my file, but copying and pasting cells from location A to location B. However, sometimes when I try to do this with a cell that has multiple lines, the Text Import Pop-up window appears when I try to paste the contents.

The thing that makes this so bizarre, is that sometimes the pop-up will not appear, and it will simply copy & paste the format precisely. But, other times, the Text Import pop-up will appear, and I can not figure out a way to copy the multiple line contents from "Cell A" into "Cell B". When the Text Import Pop-up appears, each of the individual Lines from the original Multiple Line Cell are pasted into individual Cells.

For example, Cell A w/ 3-Lines of contents will be Pasted into Cells B, C and D.
Does anyone know why the Text Import will appear in some instances, and not others?

Any guidance on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You,
~Eran
Villeroy
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Does anyone know why the Text Import will appear in some instances, and not others?

Because users like you wanted it to be so. In version 2 we always got the text import dialog when importing text. Some idiots were too lazy to hit F2 before pasting. Now we get all the text in one cell if it happens to be a single line.
eran.shileikis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guten Tag Villeroy,

I do not think I made my original question clear.
What I meant to ask was, "Why does Text Import appear in some instances, and not others, when only copy/pasting within OO Calc?"

To me, that does not entail any Imported Text, so why would the Dialog appear?

Yes, I realize there is a work-around by using the F2 key, but I was more worried that I had reconfigured my OO Calc Format Settings on accident somehow... apparently, that is not the case. Thank You for your input.
Villeroy
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eran.shileikis wrote:

To me, that does not entail any Imported Text, so why would the Dialog appear?

I never see the dialog when pasting cells.
rextayloe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: trouble pasting multiple cells... Reply with quote

Running RH linux, KDE...

I was having similar problems in that if number of cells cut and pasted didnt match exactly, I would get the import text dialog box... and answering ok didnt work.

I just now fixed by changing, KDE cut-buffer manager (klipper) behavior. to "separate clipboard and selection" from "synchronize contents...." and I get correct cut-paste behavior again... so solved for me. I guess oofice thought paste with old method was coming from text...? I hope I didnt break something else though as I have played with klipper behavior in order to get correct cut-paste behavior from acroread. Will see.

Not sure if this helps anyone else here with problems... but hope so.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: