OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Prorblem with Data Source in Oppen office 2.3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mvrmakam

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:14 am    Post subject: Prorblem with Data Source in Oppen office 2.3 Reply with quote

Hi,
The Data Source fuction does not seem to work i.e it doesnt seem to function there might be a problem with the Driver installation and openoffice does not recognize the current odbc driver installed but only gives the pre installed default drivers,Is there some way of manually installing the odbc driver(odbc 3.51) and also is this a bug on Open office,i use open office 2.3?...Alos it could be bcause of the.sock file which we had to manually move to /tmp and only then the test command worked on mysql so any clue on how i could acess database files on Spreadsheet?
r4zoli
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOo 2.3 is pretty old try at least 2.4.1, or 3.0 a new version.
Your Mysql database connection made through new base file and it is registered under Tools> Options>Openoffice.org Base>Databases? If yes you can use under F4 in Calc.
What OS?
Or Try MySQL JDBC driver.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: