OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Impress3: Close OO at the end of a presentation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API
View previous topic :: View next topic  
docpeter
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Impress3: Close OO at the end of a presentation Reply with quote

Hello,
we have a big medical presentation with lots of powerpoint and also impress presentations from different people. We start the files on a windowsXP "active desktop" with links to the files - that works fine, when the file-type ODP is marked as "play" for standard action.
But on the end of a impress-presentation it jumps in the edit mode. I would like to hava a macro that closes impress without asking for anything by clicking an user interaction on the last slide.

I've tried it with a vbs-macro which kills soffice from the task-list. But this will cause the recovery-assistent on the next startup of a impress-presentation.
I've no idea about oo-macros, but lot's of experience with vba and more vb.net (does'nt help on the oo-objects, i know...)

Has anyone a very good suggestion for me?

Thanks

Peter
james_h
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Create a button on the last slide with the action CloseQuickstarter

See:

http://codesnippets.services.openoffice.org/Office/Office.HowToCloseTheQuickstarterUnderWindows2.snip
docpeter
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:26 am    Post subject: Recovery-Assistant... Reply with quote

Hello,
i combined the version 1 and 2 of these sniplet.

The shell-command to close the quickstarter does not close my presentation. Therefore i decided to add the code to kill oo from processlist in a oo-macro (my own vbs does the same).
This closes the presentation, but the recovery-helper comes up on starting the next oo-presentation. This should be avoided.

Is there a way to stop acting the recovery-assistant? Ony OO-Option?

Thanks!
Peter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: