OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

label printing problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhalter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:24 am    Post subject: label printing problems Reply with quote

I was trying to print address labels. The data is in a spreadsheet. I could see the label fields being updated as the file was printed, but nothing, including the fixed characters on the labels was being printed.

After an hours trying everything I could think of SUCCESS. But I've no idea what I did to make it work!

Any ideas?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have just wasted an entire day on this and still no results. Someone HELP!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: label printing problems Reply with quote

dhalter wrote:
I was trying to print address labels. The data is in a spreadsheet. I could see the label fields being updated as the file was printed, but nothing, including the fixed characters on the labels was being printed.

After an hours trying everything I could think of SUCCESS. But I've no idea what I did to make it work!

Any ideas?

Well, I wish you would remember, as I am having the exact same problem. I can see the data in the datasource, but when I click the 'Synchronize Now' button, absolutely nothing happens. I set my postgres server to really report everything, but nothing is getting through (except when I check the tables with the 'Data Source' tool

-Wolf
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf,

The Synchronize button is used only to pass an edited format in the upper left label to all other labels. (Don't even activate it in the creation dialog if you don't need to do this as it only gets in the way.)

All,

To print labels after you have clicked the New Document button do F4, open the datasource table, (if you only want selected records then select them) and click the Mail Merge icon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: