OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

How to rotate an inserted EPS graph?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shreks
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 6:48 am    Post subject: How to rotate an inserted EPS graph? Reply with quote

When I inserted an EPS graph with preview into OOwriter, I cannot rotate it. Then I copied this graph to OOdraw and rotated there, and then copied back to OOwriter, it looks rotated, but when I actually printed it out, it was not rotated at all. It seems that the preview image with EPS was rotated but the actual EPS part was not.

Anyone knows how to solve this problem? Thanks a lot!
David
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: How to rotate an inserted EPS graph? Reply with quote

shreks wrote:
When I inserted an EPS graph with preview into OOwriter, I cannot rotate it. Then I copied this graph to OOdraw and rotated there, and then copied back to OOwriter, it looks rotated, but when I actually printed it out, it was not rotated at all. It seems that the preview image with EPS was rotated but the actual EPS part was not.

Anyone knows how to solve this problem? Thanks a lot!

You might consider changing the format before inserting. There are lots of programs to do this easily. PaintShop Pro does that (by batch if necessary) and much more.

David.
bobharvey
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:25 am    Post subject: Re: How to rotate an inserted EPS graph? Reply with quote

shreks wrote:
It seems that the preview image with EPS was rotated but the actual EPS part was not.

Sounds like that ought to be reported as a bug! WYSIWY should G
ftack

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even when you print it from Draw, the print rendered through postscript will not be rotated. This is likely the nature of the EPS format, that contains printing instructions that only a postscript rendering device understands. For the software, it is just an embedded piece of code, which is literally send to a postscript device that asks it. In MS Office, and apparently Writer, but not Draw, this is elegantly handled by not allowing the user to rotate a picture.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: