OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

"Single Page View" possible with Writer for OO3?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karoschne

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: "Single Page View" possible with Writer for OO3? Reply with quote

I finally have a screen that displays two complete pages side by side and there is no need for me to scroll when I want to look at the content of a single page.

Still, when I have a document with more than two pages, I have to scroll down and eventually "center" the next two pages, which is unnecessary. I would prefer to switch to the next two pages immediately using the "page up/ down" keys, like it is possible with the Adobe Reader and its "Single Page View". Also scrolling is a bit annoying with a notebook's touchpad and no mousewheel.

Is this possible with Writer for Open Office 3? If so, what exactly do I have to do? I am by no means an expert. Thank you in advance!
james_h
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: OOo 3 Writer - Go to next pages viewing pages in columns Reply with quote

OpenOffice.org 3 Writer - How to navigate to view next pages while viewing pages in multiple columns

View > Navigator F5
Move the cursor over the fourth and fifth button in the top row of the Navigator. Note that the tool tip changes from Page Up to Page Down.
Click the appropriate button to navigate to the next or previous view. If you are showing multiple pages at a time (side by side or book view), the display will jump the correct number of pages to show the next row of pages.
Karoschne

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I was looking for. Thanks!

I tried to record a macro, so I could assign a key to these functions (page up/ down) but it did not work. Is there a predefined key for that function or any other way to macro this?

Thanks again!
SailorFred
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karoschne wrote:
That's what I was looking for. Thanks!

I tried to record a macro, so I could assign a key to these functions (page up/ down) but it did not work. Is there a predefined key for that function or any other way to macro this?

Thanks again!

Is there a solution to this? What is desired is to move up or down ONE FULL page, with every FULL keypress of PageUp/PageDown.

The toolbuttons on the Navigator, as mentioned above, work perfectly, but my preference is to not use the navigator because a) it clutters up the screen, and b) I don't like fumbling with the mouse, especially when my keyboard is equipped with two perfectly good keys labelled PageUp/PageDown that should be able to do the job.
Any help would be much appreciated!
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although it requires the mouse, once you have set the Navigator to the page up/down functions the two double arrows at the bottom right will preform those functions.
sswam

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:20 am    Post subject: found a solution! Reply with quote

Go to Tools->Customize->Keyboard

In the first list, find Page Up and Page Down, or Alt + Page Up and Alt + Page Down.

In the lists, choose Navigation and find To Beginning of Next Page and To Beginning of Previous Page.

You can assign them by selecting a key and a function, then click the "Modify" button.

Under Linux / X11, the Page Up and Page Down keys are called Prior and Next.
SailorFred
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: found a solution! Reply with quote

sswam wrote:
Go to Tools->Customize->Keyboard

In the first list, find Page Up and Page Down, or Alt + Page Up and Alt + Page Down.

In the lists, choose Navigation and find To Beginning of Next Page and To Beginning of Previous Page.

You can assign them by selecting a key and a function, then click the "Modify" button.

Under Linux / X11, the Page Up and Page Down keys are called Prior and Next.

This doesn't work. The behaviour is not the same as the "Previous Page"/"Next Page" buttons in the navigation panel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: