OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Editing dialogs by hand

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joel Hammer
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: Editing dialogs by hand Reply with quote

This must be a newbie question.

How do I edit a dialog by hand after I have created one using the dialog editor?

Thanks,
Joel
dfrench

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tools> Macros > Macro > Organiser > Modules (Tab)
Select the dialog you require , by name . They are marked by green squares in the macro/dialog panel.
Click EDIT button and you are in the same mode as when you created the dialog.
Joel Hammer
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing that just puts me into the graphical editing mode.

I want to be able to edit the basic code itself by hand (assuming those dialog boxes are in basic).

Joel
dfrench

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well your assumption confused me. The dialogs are not basic code, they are xml and stored in .xdl files. An example, from xray, is
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE dlg:window PUBLIC "-//OpenOffice.org//DTD OfficeDocument 1.0//EN" "dialog.dtd">
<dlg:window xmlns:dlg="http://openoffice.org/2000/dialog" xmlns:script="http://openoffice.org/2000/script" dlg:id="DlgArray" dlg:left="7" dlg:top="49" dlg:width="240" dlg:height="196" dlg:closeable="true" dlg:moveable="true">
 <dlg:styles>
  <dlg:style dlg:style-id="0" dlg:border="3d"/>
  <dlg:style dlg:style-id="1" dlg:font-name="Courier New;Cumberland;Bitstream Vera Sans Mono" dlg:font-height="9" dlg:font-stylename="Normal" dlg:font-family="modern"/>
 </dlg:styles>
 <dlg:bulletinboard>
  <dlg:button dlg:id="CommandButton1" dlg:tab-index="2" dlg:left="202" dlg:top="10" dlg:width="30" dlg:height="12" dlg:default="true" dlg:value="Close" dlg:button-type="ok"/>
  <dlg:text dlg:style-id="0" dlg:id="LabindexMin" dlg:tab-index="1" dlg:left="102" dlg:top="10" dlg:width="70" dlg:height="12" dlg:align="center"/>
  <dlg:text dlg:style-id="0" dlg:id="LabindexMax" dlg:tab-index="3" dlg:left="102" dlg:top="26" dlg:width="70" dlg:height="12" dlg:align="center"/>
  <dlg:text dlg:id="Label4" dlg:tab-index="4" dlg:left="6" dlg:top="34" dlg:width="61" dlg:height="10" dlg:value="List of values"/>
  <dlg:text dlg:style-id="0" dlg:id="LabTypeElem" dlg:tab-index="5" dlg:left="4" dlg:top="10" dlg:width="83" dlg:height="12" dlg:align="center"/>
  <dlg:textfield dlg:style-id="1" dlg:id="AffValues" dlg:tab-index="0" dlg:left="6" dlg:top="44" dlg:width="227" dlg:height="148" dlg:hscroll="true" dlg:vscroll="true" dlg:multiline="true" dlg:readonly="true"/>
 </dlg:bulletinboard>
</dlg:window>
You can modify the properties at run time through Basic or any language that can talk to the api by locating the control within the document and setting the properties ,
or use any editor on the .xdl .
Joel Hammer
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

Joel
pitonyak
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Macro document contains examples of manipulating dialog controls from BASIC if you require samples. I also have some examlpes on my web site.

If required, you can build a dialog completely in code, but this can be a bit tedious...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: