OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Printing out Address Labels from CSV file

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: Printing out Address Labels from CSV file Reply with quote

hello,

Im trying to print out all my ebay orders by downloading the PAYPAL History in CSV format.

Im able to do everything by selecting the CSV file through WIZARD/ADDRESS DATA SOURCE then selecting the datatbase from DATA SOURCE.

However, Im missing some Records! Ive tried multiple times, and Im only able to print out 27 out of 31 records. 4 records are missing.

AFter setting everything up, in the MAIL MERGE window, I get 31 RECORDS, and in the PRINTER window, I see its trying to print 31 records. But Im always missing some... and they are not in order either, the missing ones are strewn across the entire database. I have to manualy insert the ones that didnt make it.

Am I doing something wrong??

Id like to stick to OpenOffice, I really dont want to have to try microsoft software.

any help would be appreciated!

thanks,

reian
reian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive also tried saving the original CSV in dBASE format, but Im still missing some records.

The missing records are not special in any way, no extra long or foreign characters.

Im searching the forums for answers, but not able. If I do I will post the answer here.

If you can shed any light on this matter, please reply to this thread!

thank you.
reian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, did some more testing and found out ALL the records print/print to file when I create the label fresh from "new".

Previously I was using a template I made (from an avery one) which was formatted with my own address on top, and the table fields in the middle, and an additional Line of text on the bottom.

So next question is whats the best way to create a template for "labels". I dont mean avery templates; after this selection, I want to further customize by entering spaced out dadtabase fields and additional text, then save and reuse with future databases. The databases all come from the same place (paypal history) so the fields arent any different. I have no idea why reused templates have missing records...
nigelduffin
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:04 am    Post subject: Re: Printing out Address Labels from CSV file Reply with quote

reian wrote:
hello,
However, Im missing some Records! Ive tried multiple times, and Im only able to print out 27 out of 31 records. 4 records are missing.
reian

I'm not sure of the details of what you are doing, but I have found that, when you open the Data Sources (using F4), select the table and it appears on the right, you then need to press the button to jump to the end [>|] to make sure that all the data appear.

Nigel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: