OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Writer - why prints are scaled A4 - A6?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bedrock

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: Writer - why prints are scaled A4 - A6? Reply with quote

Question Exclamation Question Ever since I installed OO a few years ago on this Dell PC and even now with v3 updated, I get this problem in Writer - whenever I try to print a letter or anything in Writer it scales it down to quarter of the page. Even if the page set up is A4 and the print settings look fine?

I have no problems in Calc and I've looked at the page set ups and nothing obvious looks out of place. I have also set printer to default and the problem persists.

It's very strange and somewhat annoying as it only works if I export the doc to a pdf and print it from there.

Anyone have any ideas how to resolve. Question Exclamation Question

hope to hear from one of you tekkies Wink

Nat
floris_v

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had something like that a while ago - it's something in File - Printer Settings. Set Number of pages per sheet to 1. Smile

If your problem has been solved, please edit the first post of this thread (Edit button) and add [Solved] to the start of the subject line.
Bedrock

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: still not working Reply with quote

Thanks for response. Smile

I've checked the printer settings again its for a Konica Mimolta MC8650 and it has a load of options!! anyway I clicked on Page per setting 'list 1' and that made no difference. It also has a layout feature with options for 2 to a page 4 to a page etc. and this has not been clicked although it looks like it is doing 4 to a page anyway.

It used to do it on our old printer too.

Any other suggestions? Cool
floris_v

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only have a very old HP printer, if the options for your printer are very different, it's hard to say what you should do. You could make a screen shot of that dialog box and upload it to a free images host like www.mediafire.com (that one is widely used and advised here).
Bedrock

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI again

here's the link to the screen shots of the mc8650 printer settings

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=3e5a59c1f6c8561ab64026cfc061123611c0a31ced6ba1f3ce018c8114394287

thanks for your help & interest so far.
floris_v

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
it has a load of options!!

You're telling me!!

You could try a bit with that combination setting, turn it on, off, on, change the number of pages, print a few, them cross fingers that when you turn it off again, OOo finally prints one page to a sheet. Can't do more here, I'm afraid. Or you might try a website for users of that printer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: