OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Numbering: How to change font/spacing for the numbers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
retrovertigo
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Numbering: How to change font/spacing for the numbers? Reply with quote

OO.o Writer Version: 3.0.1

When I create a numbered list, the font of the numbers seems to vary. Sometimes it will be the font I'm typing with, and sometimes it'll look like this:

Also, the default spacing option seems to be "tab stop", and I want it to be "space".

Is there a way for me to tell Writer to use the current font for all numbering, and to set the default spacing the way I want it? I looked in Styles and Formatting, and didn't find what I was looking for.
Robert Tucker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should find "Numbering Symbols" in "Styles and Formatting" where you can change the font of the numbers.

If you go to Format>Bullets and Numbering>Position you can select between a tab stop or a space (or nothing) by "Numbering followed by".
retrovertigo
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will check the "Numbering Symbols" thing when I get a chance, thanks.

Regarding the spacing, I know how to change it, but it seems that the default is "tab stop". Every time I start a new numbered list, I have to go back and fix the spacing. So I guess what I am really looking for is a way to set the default.
tommyhj

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That also botheres me. I can never trust that Writer uses the same font/size as last time i made a list, even i the same document. The numbered list should use the font and size of the current line in my opinion.

I usually just double-click the numer/bullet, and chooses another font/size directly from the toolbar. This applies the change to lists and bullets (with same format) in the whole document i believe.
retrovertigo
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I didn't see anything called "Numbering Symbols" in Styles and Formatting, but by going into the "Default" style and changing the font for this style to Arial, that took care of the numbering font issue. It looks like my numbering font was occasionally taking on the font specified in the style, rather than the actual font I was using.

Still looking for a solution to #2, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: