OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

E-mail merge using GoogleMail

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jarval

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:21 am    Post subject: E-mail merge using GoogleMail Reply with quote

I'm trying to set up OpenOffice Writer 3.0 to do an email merge using Googlemail. I've done a bit of searching online and have discovered there may be problems between the two, but I couldn't find a work around.

Specifically, when I set up the account details and test the settings, it alternates between "Establish network connection - successful; Find outgoing mail server - failed" and both failing. Is there any way to resolve this problem? I've read that it may be to do with the way OpenOffice handles SSL/TSL connections.

Any help or alternative suggestions really most appreciated, as the company I'm working for needs to be able to do e-mail merges, and I don't think I'll be able to persuade them to change either their office suite or their email provider...
Jarval

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There seems to be two different problems: trying to connect on Port 587 results in "Establish network connection - successful; Find outgoing mail server - failed", while attempting to use Port 465 causes Open Office to become non-responsive.

Any ideas as to what might be causing these problems?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: