OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

solved: bookmarks - creating and using

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
susie
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: solved: bookmarks - creating and using Reply with quote

HI, I'm beginning an editing project for a 325 page book.. so far what i have to do is open the file at page one, and scroll to where i left off. i'm only on page 18, and already it's a bit irritating.

I've read the instructions. It appears that i don't have the icons that are asked for.. I've found the box for creating a bookmark, but nowhere is there a bookmark icon that should have a list under it... any ideas? susie

Last edited by susie on Sun May 10, 2009 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
james_h
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: OOo 3 Writer: How to use bookmarks Reply with quote

To create a bookmark

Position the cursor where you need a bookmark
Insert > Bookmark
Type a name for the bookmark. Click OK

To find a bookmark

Open the navigator palette by clicking the Navigator button on the Standard toolbar, using Edit > Navigator or hitting the F5 key.
Beside Bookmarks, click the [+] icon to show the bookmarks
Locate the bookmark to go to and double click it.
susie
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 3:39 am    Post subject: bookmarks - creating and using Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for that. I've printed that advice so i can try it when i get home again this evening. susie
David
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still... one of those "Wouldn't it be nice..." requests. When naming cells in Calc, one can select from the upper left Window indicating the active cell or range, and go there with one click. Is there a keyboard shortcut to list named cells in Calc, and named bookmarks in Writer?

David.
floris_v

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, if all you need bookmarks for is remember where you left off, the good news is that you don't need them at all. Instead, open Tools - Options - OpenOffice.org - User Data, fill in your first and last name, click OK, and after that OOo will remember where you are and open your documents where you last left them.
You may have mistaken bookmarks in the help system for bookmarks in the document.

If your problem has been solved, please edit the first post of this thread (Edit button) and add [Solved] to the start of the subject line.
susie
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: bookmarks - creating and using Reply with quote

HI, I did what you suggested. Also I found that to be sure it would save an edit, AND save my place in the text... What it took was to go to FILE/ then save or else save-as, either one, and it all worked.

Now it seems i have another related question which i will post separately.
thanks to all. susie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: