OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Rich Text Format

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matthias54654
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject: Rich Text Format Reply with quote

The RTF-Format is Microsofts Open-Export-Format. Why make OOo much errors while export to RTF? Always i hear you singing: "Microsoft give not out the source-code of microsoft-Word and therefore we cant make OOo compatible with Microsoft word". Why are you not able to make OOo compatible with RTF? What are microsofts hided secrets about RTF?

I guess you just dont want make OOo compatible with RTF, because OOo is the Hardware-lobby which want only slow my computer down with a silly office apllication with alot limitations.

Some Limitations of OOo:

No personalized images in mail merge

Mail merge slows computer down

in Calc the most important filter-criterions not included, Sort List slows Computer down, Filter by a list is only possible with 8 rows.

Openoffice is just a Joke, Just a waste of time. For waste of time with it the developer should pay a compensation.
floris_v

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We aren't the developers. So you're barking up the wrong tree.
Apart from that, OOo can read and write the Word format, but not flawlessly. I should be a lot better at that, and I wonder what the developers are, in fact, up to. It might even be that they're under orders to mess things up in hopes that another consortium will take over the hard work that costs Sun (or rather its new owner) a lot of money and doesn't bring in any, except annoyed reactions by people like you.
matthias54654
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes im angry about OOo and Sun Microsystems.
But my main question is: Why force the developers the MS Word Format and not the RTF-Format? The Export in RTF Format know also the mail merge fields and is imho much easier than the Doc-Format, but dont know the field "Next record" and many other things. My question is: Why??? RTF is a unencrypted file format, it safe the file in a understandable Source code. Therefore is it possible to export flawlessly in RTF. But the OOo-Devs crying about the hided source code of ms-word. Without any reason and dont want improve the export to RTF.
floris_v

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How the hell should we know? Didn't you read my first line? We aren't the developers. So we don't know. We're just users of OOo helping other users solving their problems with getting OOo to do what they want.
I don't have a lot of XP with the RTF format, but I remember that one pretty old version of Borland Delphi came with an RTF component and it was none too good either.
Look here, nobody forces you to use OOo in the first place, right? Buy MSO and be happy.

The only thing that I really blame the developers of OOo for is that when serious bugs in the software are found, like the table conversion bugs in versions 3.0.1 and 3.1.0, they shut up about it so that every new user runs the risk of losing his/her work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: