OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Saving and Reading Data for the Options Page - Basic example

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API
View previous topic :: View next topic  
esztib
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: Saving and Reading Data for the Options Page - Basic example Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm trying to write and extension, and would like to have an option page with it. I found the documentation at http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/Extensions/Saving_and_Reading_Data_for_the_Options_Page.
But its all in Java Sad

Does anybody knows where can I find it in Basic, or have an similar example of how to do it?

Thanks
Eszt
Villeroy
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can not write extensions in Basic. OK, you can write extensions that drop some macro code in "My Macros", but that is not the same category of extension like the one you linked, implementing interfaces XServiceInfo and XContainerWindowEventHandler in a Java class.
As far as I know, the linked example demonstrates an add-on with it's own page in the options dialog.
[Search] this forum and the snippets-forum for "ConfigurationProvider" if you want to read and write the built-in options in Basic.

Most of the documentation comes with Java examples since Java is more explicit. It is easy enough to translate the more elaborated Java code to the simpler code of the supported scripting languages. The other way round, from the simplified code to the explicit language, would be extremely difficult.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: