OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

OO Math formulae as Gifs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Math
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ALBERT René

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 5:18 am    Post subject: OO Math formulae as Gifs Reply with quote

Whenever I make a change in a formula, a new Gif is created, while the old one stays-in.
Afterwards it is not easy to delete the useless ones, which spoil disk space.
Is it normal, or a problem with my OO 1.3 ?
Thks in advance.
ftack

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should definitely be more clear if you are awaiting answers. You must be referring to the creation of web pages (save as HTML) and indeed, I tested with OOo 1.02 and it behaves as you describe. This is obviously an annoyance (every app that respects itself should have some annoyances, isn't it Wink ).
All date and time stamps of all files linked to a html doc are updated upon saving, so this can be used to identify graphics that are not in use anymore. If more than one html file is involved, it becomes tedious: you'd need to sort the files by date and then locate graphic files for which there is no html file with the same date stamp. Some little c program could automate this, but it remains an annoyance anyway. Moerover, when you can write little c programs, you're probably not coding your html pages in Writer anymore.
ALBERT René

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 7:35 am    Post subject: Gif formulae with OpenOffice Reply with quote

Thanks for answer.
I agree that precision is needed, but you may be missed that I mentioned that I was under OO 1.03.
As far as Gifs are concerned, am I wrong to consider that they automatically imply a Web page ... Wink
Regards.
ftack

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, re-read your first post again. you were using a very early, future, pre-alfa version, version 1.3!!! Laughing Actually, the difference between 1.03 and 1.02 is some corrections, but with respect to these gifs, these versions behave the same. I downloaded 1.031 yesterday, but I have been too lazy to install the update version, especially because it involves reconfiguring the spelling dictionaries etc. etc. I guess that I'll take the risk to overwrite the old installation this time (but then, that could mean even more trouble Confused )

"As far as Gifs are concerned, am I wrong to consider that they automatically imply a Web page ... " ...well, not exactly, because I figured it out at the end Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Math All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: