OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Print Layout Problems In Calc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashkwil

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Print Layout Problems In Calc Reply with quote

Hello i am having trouble getting the print layout to be as I'd like and i was wondering if anyone could help.

I have a list in calc that is around 7000 rows long but only 2 columns across.

When i go to print the list is displayed down the left hand side of an a4 page leaving the right hand side empty however i would like it to fill the left side then fill the right to save me double the paper when printing it off.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance, Ash.
David
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My PRINTER program dialogue [not OpenOffice nor the Windows operating system] allows me to choose to print two pages [or more] per sheet of paper. You might check that option first using your printer. If you have nothing such available, there is commercial software. For Windows, "Fine Print" software does an excellent job.

EDIT: Another option takes a minute or two with a calculator or pen and paper [a bit old fashioned, I know]. Find out how many rows you really have and divide that into as many sections as you need. You can drag those to other columns, and then use Page Break Preview to figure out how you want to arrange that per page.

It's not a difficult as is sounds. Suppose you had 100 rows and want four columns of 25. In the window, top left, type A26:A50, and you will have selected those. Drag them up to column B starting at B1. Do the same for the others, starting with typing in the selection range and moving to C1 down ...etc. When done, in Page Break Preview you can easily drag blue delineation lines around to select what you want per page. A bit more work with 7000 lines, but you can have several columns per page with a little figuring.

David.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: