OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

How to unhide/display text that has been set as hidden

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the brat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 9:12 pm    Post subject: How to unhide/display text that has been set as hidden Reply with quote

I used the option Insert->Fields-> Other to hide a paragraph with the paragraph hide option. Now my hidden paragraph just won't come back Sad . Even though I have the Menu option View -> Hidden Paragraphs enabled, my hidden paragraph doesn't display any more. I checked the settings in Tools-> Options for unhiding text and paragraphs - they are set correctly, but my paragraph is still not showing. How can I get it to display again?
ftack

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is that your text is truly gone. that's why it won;t display anymore Wink

Did you select the entire paragraph concerned before inserting the hidden paragraph field? If so, after hitting "insert", the field code will be inserted (shows as a little gray mark) and replace your text. Yes. that's gone forever (unles you do Control + Z a few times).
The way it works is: you place the cursor somwehere in (or at the beginning ) of the paragraph. You insert the field, but you should also insert a condition. the default is False, (nothing) so that won't do much. The simplest condition you could enter is "1", which always holds true. Once you did that, the paragraphs will be hidden when you uncheck View Hidden paragraphs.
the brat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks flack for the info. Is there a macro I could write to hide/unhide text in Writer ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: