OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Can someone please explain how to installFrench dictionary?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LindaAd

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 6:02 am    Post subject: Can someone please explain how to installFrench dictionary? Reply with quote

I've downloaded the dictionaries and the installers and unzipped them, but I don't know where to put them or what to do next.

I've checked all the options boxes, and I've read all the help on here, but I don't understand where to find the files, or how to copy them. I'm not a computer programmer, I just want to use the thing.

Please help.

And how do I find out which version of OO I'm using????
RGB
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go here:
http://lingucomponent.openoffice.org/dictpack.html
and download the french pack: fr_FR-pack.zip. If you have OOo 1.1.1, go to File -> Autopilot -> Install new dictionaries (if you have a previous version, download DicOOo.sxw and open it, acept the warning). Click over your languaje (French) and then in the Lancer DicOOo buton.
Check the "Installation hors-ligne d'un package de langue" for an off-line instalation and browse to the folder where you save the fr_FR-pack.zip file (if you want an on-line instalation, don't check it, the macro take a list of available dictionaries from the web automatically); press "Suivant" as many times as necesary. Close OOo AND the quickstarter, open again and then go to tools -> options -> Language -> writing aids, press the first edit buton you found and be sure that your language have a tick in the left side, check everithing and enjoy!

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, RGB - that was amazingly quick, and very clear. Just two more questions: where do I find this DicOOo.sxw, and where do I download it to? (I'm using version 1.1.0 - I think all these sequences of 0s and Os and 1s are designed to confused the non-techie..) And where do I find the File>autopilot? Is that inside OO once I've downloaded the Dic-thingie?

Thanks again.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops - just found the Autopilot, but there doesn't seem to be a way to edit posts. Sorry!
LindaAd

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All sorted now - magic Laughing Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: