OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

PDF problem: nothing there that makes sens

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wimbo

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: PDF problem: nothing there that makes sens Reply with quote

Hello,

when i try to export a file (be it in Writer or in Calc) to PDF i get gibberish instead of a text with words. i can't see the letters, there all replaced with strange symbols. i still got to see the pictures though. does anyone know how to solve this?
ftack

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not a common problem, so likely related to a problem with your system. Provide details about your system, the fonts you have installed, the program you use to view the PDF, etc. Eventually also provide a screenshot.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my stemstem is mdk official. i had the problem with OOo 1.1.0 wich came packed with MDK. i use gnome pdf viewer to watch pdf's. i mostely use times new roman and arial. i just upgraded to OOo 1.1.1 and don't have the problem anymore, be it that i haven't yet installed times new roman and arial again in OOo

greetz,

wimbo
wimbo

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject: and there it is again Reply with quote

grrr, there it is again. i installed the ms fonts through spadmin, looks much better. but when trying to export it to pdf i can't read anything anymore. didn't had that problem with mdk 9.2.

wimbo
ftack

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be a font problem. MS Fonts installed through spadmin are available to OOo only. I am not enough Linux expert (currently don't have a Linux system anymore, shame me but that's temporary), but it would seem that 1) the fonts are not embedded in the PDF and 2) the MS fonts are not available for your PDF viewer. Did you install the MS fonts also in your desktop using the Mandrake control center? That may help. However, I am afraid you'll need help from the real Linux people here. Other people should also have encountered this issue.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fonts are also installed in mdk itself. must be a gnome pdf viewer problem. i can see the text perfectly in xpdf. (which i normally don't use, since i like the layout of gpdf better)

wimbo
jernst

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dud you solve your problem ? I have the very same problem as you on gentoo. xpdf works but not gpdf.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: