OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Line Width - narrower size

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Draw
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amcguire
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Line Width - narrower size Reply with quote

I am working on some legal drawings and it is required that lines be 1 pt (~ 0.014") and leaders be 0.75 pts (~0.010"). However, I am only able to get the line widths to change by 1/100 of an inch. How can I adjust the line width by 1/1000 of an inch? I look through the settings to see if this was possible and could not find that setting.

Thanks.
acknak

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Line Width - narrower size Reply with quote

Line widths in OOo Draw are limited (by the UI, nothing else) to two digits after the decimal.
However, if you change the base unit to "mm" you can enter more precise line widths (within 0.005 mm, or ~0.014 pt).
So, (with a Drawing or other document open) go to Tools > Options... Draw > General, and set the "Unit of measurement" to "millimeter".
You can then enter "1pt" as the line width; it will automatically be converted to "0.35 mm", and "0.75pt" becomes "0.26 mm".
R0di0n

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foud this thread by web searching for solution for my trouble. Have to move users from msoffice to openoffice. Users whants their documents in OO look like in MSofice. Found some difference that cannot resolve by myself. The width of line in oowriter table cannot be set manual, only in defined values. For example 0,05 pt; 0,50 pt; 1,00 pt; 2,5 pt .... But I need to set this value to 0,75 pt, and as I said before cannot find how.
Can anyone help me by advice?
Thanks
jrkrideau
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R0di0n wrote:
Foud this thread by web searching for solution for my trouble. Have to move users from msoffice to openoffice. Users whants their documents in OO look like in MSofice. Found some difference that cannot resolve by myself. The width of line in oowriter table cannot be set manual, only in defined values. For example 0,05 pt; 0,50 pt; 1,00 pt; 2,5 pt .... But I need to set this value to 0,75 pt, and as I said before cannot find how.
Can anyone help me by advice?
Thanks

What is there in acknak's solution that does not work for you?
R0di0n

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

acknak's solution is for drawing lines, not working for setting table lines wirdth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Draw All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: