OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

No Base connection to Thunderbird address book

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peterleth
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:29 am    Post subject: No Base connection to Thunderbird address book Reply with quote

I am using Open Office.org 3.1.1 000310m19 (Build9420) on Windows XP pro.
I am trying to use Thunderbird version 2.0.0.23 (20090812) Address book to create a Base database.
I have connected to the Thunderbird Default profile and the connection tests OK. However I cannot see any of the address book data. Have reinstalled both programs and have previously connected to Microsoft Outlook successfully.
The address books are showing up in Table view but no contacts are present when I select any of the address books. I have added a new address book in Thunderbird but this does not show in Tables either. Help please.
RPG
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

As far as I know it is not working

Romke
thomasjk
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look under Personal Address book that works for me. Collected Addresses was blank.
peterleth
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip - but no records showing in Personal Address book with contacts in place in TBird.
peterleth
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject: Thunderbird and Open Office Reply with quote

Have just got it - Had two Thunderbird profiles - so selected the second profile and the 2 basic collected and personal Address books showed in Base tables. Then reverted back to my default profile and all the address books were updated and records included. Eurica - one happy man after a week of digging around! !javascript:emoticon('Laughing')
greenfox4075

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Thunderbird and Open Office Reply with quote

peterleth wrote:
Have just got it - Had two Thunderbird profiles - so selected the second profile and the 2 basic collected and personal Address books showed in Base tables. Then reverted back to my default profile and all the address books were updated and records included. Eurica - one happy man after a week of digging around! !javascript:emoticon('Laughing')

Well done! Good to hear it is possible I will have to go back and try to get it working. I tried a number of months ago and wasn't able to get it working.

So is this just bringing across a snapshot of your Thunderbird contacts, or is it a live connection that can be edited from either program.
peterleth
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it is not a live connection. Base is bringing in all the contact details which I cannot edit with a form yet but with TBird closed I can edit in tables. To get the connection to work I still have to Edit the database connection everytime I start to change between my two TBird profiles. Am going to try deleting new profile and just try with Default Thunderbird profile. Lots of messing about but getting there slowly.
peterleth
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleted 2nd Thunderbird profile and left remaining Default profile and then Base unable to connect to Thunderbird at all. Reinstated 2nd profile and then Base will connect after I have toggled between Thunderbird profiles.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: