OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Page Preview Icon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ed

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:44 am    Post subject: Page Preview Icon Reply with quote

Sorry I seem to be asking a lot of stupid questions lately, but here's something else that I've been wondering about:

Why does the 'Page Preview' button only appear with an icon in Writer, while the button contains only text in all the other components?

I'd like to set it to have an icon in the other programs, but I can't find the page preview icons in the list of a available symbols. Is there any way I could obtain a bmp image of this button to use for this purpose?
Buzz

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go ahead and right click on the toolbar and select customize and insert the page preview text button. Now right click on the button and it will bring up all of the available icons and you can assign an icon to the button.

Does this help?
cwchia
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed,

Which version of OOo are you using? If you are using 1.0.1 or 1.0.2, then your chances of having more frustration is really high, as the customisation of toolbars is buggy. However I believe that the problem has been remedied (as fas as I can remember reading the Issues in OO.org) in 1.0.3.
Ed

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using 1.1Beta. I know how to customise the icons, but the point is that the stadard page preview icon is not one of the available ones, and any other icon I consider using does not work correctly, but appears as the outlined of the icon filled in solid black. I think this must be a bug in the program.
Buzz

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what happened to the original icon, but I had the same problem with some new icons turning all black when using v. 1.0.1. I usually had to reassign the icon an image (even if it was the same image) to fix the display problem. You may want to upgrade to the new version (1.0.3.1 I think).
Ed

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This particular icon appears to stay black even when I do re assign it. I don't think that 1.0.3.1 is an upgrade of 1.1Beta. Anyway, as it is only a Beta program now, I hope this bug will be fixed in the final version of 1.1.

As the icon appears correctly in Writer, I would have thaught that the image must be stored somewhere on my computer, even if it's not in the icons folder.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: