OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Hi res PDF takes forever to print

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
picturefrahm

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Hi res PDF takes forever to print Reply with quote

When I print a hi res PDF that is about 110 pages long it literally takes 3 days.

However, when I print a normal PDF it only takes 3 minutes.

I only have PDF reader and don't have fancy software.

What should I do...?
keme

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bottleneck could be document handling in your computer (large amounts of data requires using disk for virtual memory, and disk storage is slower than RAM). Try to print a few pages at a time.

It could also be the communication between your PC and the printer (possibly going through a network print server on the way). Try to connect your PC to your printer by USB connection. At least try to avoid wireless network connection and IR.

A third possibility is that your file has a higher resolution than your printer is able to output. The printer has to adapt graphics internally to the resolution it outputs. If this is the case, there are huge variations in performance between printers. If you made the PDF yourself, try to adapt the graphics to a suitable quality before embedding into your document.

Alas, reaching the goal through testing the above options may also take a few days, so perhaps there's little to be gained...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: