OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

auto superscript

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
azgarth

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:35 am    Post subject: auto superscript Reply with quote

hello,

on my laptop (running kubuntu and openoffice 3.1), when i do x^2 or any other number, it automatically makes it squared, the letter gets smaller and placed above the x, like it's supposed to during formulas.
however, on my desktop (win7/openoffice 3.2), it just stays the same. i've found out that ctrl+shift+p works (superscript, i think?), but it doesn't do it automatically.
how can i make it so it works on my desktop as well? what is it that makes it work on my laptop?
i looked in autocorrect, and neither have it there.
i haven't installed any plugins that i know of, nor altered any settings.
thanks for this fantastic suite either way, many of my papers could not have been written without it.
peterroots
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing to do with OpenOffice (is my guess)
I think you have the international variant of your keyboard on your laptop and the default one on your desktop.
With a US keyboard set to alternative international you see the behavior you want, not only in OpenOffice but system wide.
azgarth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

after testing, i think you're probably right, it seems to work system wide on my laptop.
is there any way i can change the layout on win7 to that of alternative international?
i can't find it in the list when i search for layouts.
peterroots
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same thing used to be us-intl or us-international - do you have anything like that?
If not just give some of the other variants of your keyboard layout a try and see that they do
The UK keyboard, for example, does not have a alternative international but only international with dead keys (not tried this, as no UK keyboard only US Sad ) and might get some unexpected (but sometimes useful) effects
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: