OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Personal envelope doesn't print right

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rebelxt
OOo Enthusiast
OOo Enthusiast

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Personal envelope doesn't print right Reply with quote

My system is Windows XP Pro SP3 with a HP LaserJet P1005 printer. I recently upgraded to OpenOffice 3.2. Now personal envelopes no longer print correctly.

The P1005 is a center-feed machine. The envelope is fed short-side first, with paper guides squeezed from each side to center it.

When a personal envelope (#6 3/4, 6.5x3.625 in.) is specified, the return address is printed as if on a letter size (11x8.5 in., landscape orientation) page, with the return address at the top left.

When a business envelope (#10, 9.5x4.125 in.) is specified, the addresses are in the proper places for that format.

Yes, the page size and document types are specified properly both in OpenOffice and the printer properties. I installed OpenOffice Portable versions 3.1 and 3.2 as a system check. The personal envelope prints correctly in OOPortable 3.1, but not in OOPortable 3.2.

There is a work-around, which is to specify a #10 envelope and adjust the margins so a personal envelope can be used. That is a nuisance, however, and shouldn't be necessary. I did see other threads with similar, if not identical, concerns in this forum. However, since I've had no problems until 3.2, it seemed reasonable to start a new thread. Is this problem currently being worked?
thomasjk
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that this is the same issue I reported some time ago http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=73525 . On the Printer tab after Insert-->Envelope click the right most icon and try that.
rebelxt
OOo Enthusiast
OOo Enthusiast

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not doing Insert>Envelope. I have a OOo Writer file with one page formatted envelope size already containing the address, so the envelope orientation icons are not available. From an existing document, only Insert is available in that dialog. There is no Modify button to allow the existing page to be changed.

However, I did test that procedure, and it doesn't work for me.

Edit: I believe my problem to be this issue:
http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=29924
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: