OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Mail merge not merging certain fields

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holliday22
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Mail merge not merging certain fields Reply with quote

I'm doing a very large mail merge. I've got about 90 unique fields and a couple hundred total fields.

I thought everything was set up correctly, but when I ran my merge last night, only some of the fields merged.

Then, when I ran it again this morning, more of the fields merged, but still a few didn't.

This seemed like a very odd behavior so I restarted my computer, repaired my disk permissions (OS X) and gave it another try. I got the same result I did this morning. Some fields were left out.

I can't detect any differences between the fields that merge and the few that don't. They point to the same .odb "middleman" file. Some of the ones that don't merge are long, but some are short too. Some have apostrophes, some don't.

Is it possible that the number of fields I'm working with is overwhelming mail merge? I've got a relatively new macbook so I wouldn't think that's the problem.

Anyone have any thoughts? Wink
holliday22
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: 'Data to fields' populates the fields not populated by mail merge and vice versa. Even though all the fields were inserted as 'type' 'mail merge fields'.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: