OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Can move sheet in Calc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cforput
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:30 pm    Post subject: Can move sheet in Calc Reply with quote

I received a Excel spreadsheet that I am auditing in Open Office 3.1. It has many sheets. I can't move the sheets around yet when I create a new OO Calc file, I am able to move the sheets around so it must be something with the particular sheet I recieved. I ran into a different problem and I solved it by looking through all the options and changing something that I never would have thought would fix the problem.

Is there anything in the options setup that might cause the sheets to not move? If I right click on a sheet, the move option is not even listed. If I use the menu system and go to Edit / Sheet then the move option is grayed out and can not be selected. The option to delete the sheet is also grayed out.

I don't see any protection on the file however if I try and change the display in a pivot table I get an error saying it is protected.

Macro security is set to high.

Open Office 3.1
Karmic 9.10

Anyone have a clue?
Francewhoa
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: The following worked for me Reply with quote

Same here with OpenOffice 3.2 and Ubuntu 10

The following worked for me
1. Left click on the sheet/tab you want to move. But hold down the left click for at least 5 seconds or more depending on your computer.
2. Drag the mouse to the new sheet location you want. Bingo it works.
3. Release the left mouse button
Villeroy
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tools>Protect>Document
protects the names and the sequence of sheets. This might have been used by the author of the sheet..

Tools>Protect>Sheet
protects the locked cells on a sheet, keeping the unlocked cells editable. By default all cells are locked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: