OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

SAP compatibility and MS Office Macros

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Praveen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:42 am    Post subject: SAP compatibility and MS Office Macros Reply with quote

Dear All

1)

Wen I am using MS Office with SAP , I am able to export the SAP report in spreadsheet format.
But If I am using OpenOffice 1.1.2 with SAP, then the SAP report directly not been export into spreadsheet as it is being done through MS Office.

Can any one suggest the process through which I can get the SAP report export directly in to OpenOffice based Spreadsheet.

ONE MORE THING .....
2)

I am not able to execute MS Office based Macros into OpenOffice.

I appriciate, for quick answer.... as this is urgent.

Thanks
Praveen K Gupta
praveen69@samtelgroup.com
RGB
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) I don't know Embarassed
2) The macro language is different: you need to "translate" the macros into the OOo macro language.
In this forum there is many persons who knows quite well the macro language (I'm not one of them Embarassed ) I'm sure you can obtain a lot of help if you explain what you want.
Good luck
DannyB

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOo macros and MS Office macros are different. The API's are different.

It sounds to me like SAP is using COM to access the MS Office API, create a spreadsheet, and then save it.

Basically, SAP requires MS Office.

It would be up to SAP to write their software to support OOo as well as MS Office.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: SAP compatibility and MS Office Macros Reply with quote

Praveen wrote:
Wen I am using MS Office with SAP , I am able to export the SAP report in spreadsheet format.
But If I am using OpenOffice 1.1.2 with SAP, then the SAP report directly not been export into spreadsheet as it is being done through MS Office.

Can any one suggest the process through which I can get the SAP report export directly in to OpenOffice based Spreadsheet.

Couldn't you solve your problem defining a Data Source?

If you'r new I'll explain quickly.

OpenOffice doesn't have its own internal database but is able to use several external
data sources, from text files to real databases.
You can access to the database using ODBC, JDBC or drivers specific for that database.

once you have defined your data source you can use the data from OpenOffice
applications in several ways: doing queries, mail merges, tables, ...

It SEEMS rather complex but it's not!
you can find a lot of informations. Look at the data sources forum http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=10 or at the dba project http://dba.openoffice.org

hope being useful! Wink
GraemeWi
OOo Enthusiast
OOo Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the SAP to Excel is a standard SAP function. I also have a couple of Lotus packages which during installation you can add in SAP support. The options to export to Lotus 123 etc appear in the standard SAP export dialogues. I'm guessing it is possible to construct a SAP link between SAP and OOo.

Using a datasource is not really an option with an enterprise system like SAP as it then will have issues with user authorisations - ie anyone could see payroll data or planning data etc, and if you don't know what you are doing you could be using an incorrect table or fields... poor database access in an enterprise environment has the potential to badly impact the performance of the system.

For the initial question, I suggest using the SAP standard export to file dialogue and then opening the file with OOo. This can work better than the direct export to Excel option as that is limited to around 16,000 rows.

Cheers,

G
ecabreramex

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:33 am    Post subject: failed to export to excel from sap Reply with quote

GraemeWi wrote:
I think the SAP to Excel is a standard SAP function. I also have a couple of Lotus packages which during installation you can add in SAP support. The options to export to Lotus 123 etc appear in the standard SAP export dialogues. I'm guessing it is possible to construct a SAP link between SAP and OOo.

Using a datasource is not really an option with an enterprise system like SAP as it then will have issues with user authorisations - ie anyone could see payroll data or planning data etc, and if you don't know what you are doing you could be using an incorrect table or fields... poor database access in an enterprise environment has the potential to badly impact the performance of the system.

For the initial question, I suggest using the SAP standard export to file dialogue and then opening the file with OOo. This can work better than the direct export to Excel option as that is limited to around 16,000 rows.

Cheers,

G
GraemeWi
OOo Enthusiast
OOo Enthusiast

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get your BASIS admin to have a look at BASIS - ABAP Programming and runtime environment (BC-ABA) - BC-XXL List Export.

Could be something in there.

G
ecmnet
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 2:55 am    Post subject: SAP and OO Reply with quote

Any other ideas to integrate SAP with OO
Baberd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make your career as SAP consultant by joining new social network site www.sapforall.net
Join for FREE and let's start your SAP Consultant career.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: