OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Tables don't show up when I make labels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bekisu

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Tables don't show up when I make labels Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm trying to make address labels so I can send out my wedding invitations, and when I use the wizard, my database shows up but the tables I made don't appear in the drop down box, does anyone know how I can fix this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm running out of time to get these baby's sent out and I need to fix this problem fast!

Thanks,

Becky
Arineckaig
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wizard is generally not the simplest method for mailing labels. A better method is described briefly by John V at
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=89243
and in greater detail by Solveig's comprehensive tutorial at:
http://blog.worldlabel.com/mail-merge-in-openofficeorg-everything-you-need-to-know#labels
Bekisu

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Not quite it... Reply with quote

I've looked up a bunch of tutorials, I think there is something wrong with the database, when I open my weddingGuests database, the tables show up, there are three of them, guenther, barnica and friends, however when I try to make labels the tables don't show up at all, the drop down menu is empty, although the database itself does appear..
azjoan

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:48 am    Post subject: Labels-Database and Table dropdowns not populated Reply with quote

I'm a very novice user, but I had the same problem and had to register my database within my application to get the database and tables to show up in the labels wizard. Select "Tools, Options, OpenOfficeOrg.Base Databases, New". Then select your database. After that go back to "New, File, Labels" and it should work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: