OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Revert to saved version

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taybot
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Revert to saved version Reply with quote

I'm working on a novel in openoffice.org3.

I was getting toward the end of it but I cut something and then when I pasted it the document went haywire and jumped from 500 pages to over a thousand.

Well I think what happened is it kind of took that part I cut and inserted it in all throughout the document and then added on an extra 400 pages of that part.

It has really messed up everything. So my question is, is there a way to revert to a previous saved version.

I really hope this is possible, your help is much appreciated. thanks!
thomasjk
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you had Tools--->Options-->Load Save-->General "Always create backup copy" checked then there is a filename.bak version of your file from the last save. See http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=12426 for the exact location which is OS dependent.
Taybot
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see an options setting underneath tools. I see an autocorrect options under tools but that doesn't have the rest of the path you suggested. Can you please help me? thank you!
Taybot
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, it says "You can check its location on your HD in the OOo menu Tools>Options>OpenOffice.org>Paths. Most of the folders mentioned in that dialog are in the OOo user profile."

But I honestly do not see an options. Under tools, at the top of my document, It says Spelling & Language, Word Count etc. but not options. If anyone can plz help that would be wonderful!
thomasjk
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What OS and what version of OOo are you running? Options should be the last item on the Tools menu.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: