OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Problem transforming in PDF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Code Snippets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjmorce

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:37 am    Post subject: Problem transforming in PDF Reply with quote

Hello

I am just discovering Open Office java API and I am trying to write a small application that converts files to PDF files.

I tried the sample file DocumentConverter (present on the Open Office SDK) and it works fine (it takes a folder and transform all the files on this folder into word 97 files).

So, I tried to to small modifications to work with PDF format but I had problems:

Instead of "swriter: MS Word 97" and "doc" as document type and file extension respectively, I've put "writer_pdf_Export" and "pdf".

Unfortunelly, I had the following error when executing the program:

Code:

com.sun.star.task.ErrorCodeIOException:
   at com.sun.star.lib.uno.environments.remote.Job.remoteUnoRequestRaisedException(Job.java:182)
   at com.sun.star.lib.uno.environments.remote.Job.execute(Job.java:148)
   at com.sun.star.lib.uno.environments.remote.JobQueue.enter(JobQueue.java:344)
   at com.sun.star.lib.uno.environments.remote.JobQueue.enter(JobQueue.java:313)
   at com.sun.star.lib.uno.environments.remote.JavaThreadPool.enter(JavaThreadPool.java:101)
   at com.sun.star.lib.uno.bridges.java_remote.java_remote_bridge.sendRequest(java_remote_bridge.java:652)
   at com.sun.star.lib.uno.bridges.java_remote.ProxyFactory$Handler.request(ProxyFactory.java:154)
   at com.sun.star.lib.uno.bridges.java_remote.ProxyFactory$Handler.invoke(ProxyFactory.java:136)
   at $Proxy5.storeAsURL(Unknown Source)
   at DocumentConverter.traverse(DocumentConverter.java:139)
   at DocumentConverter.main(DocumentConverter.java:220)
  t.txt

Can anyone help me?

Is there any code-difference when converting to a DOC file or to a PDF file?

Is there any thread with an example of PDF conversion in the forum?

Thanks

Regards
hol.sten
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem transforming in PDF Reply with quote

pjmorce wrote:
... I am trying to write a small application that converts files to PDF files. ... Instead of "swriter: MS Word 97" and "doc" as document type and file extension respectively, I've put "writer_pdf_Export" and "pdf". ... Unfortunelly, I had the following error when executing the program: ...
Code:
com.sun.star.task.ErrorCodeIOException:
   at $Proxy5.storeAsURL(Unknown Source)
... Is there any code-difference when converting to a DOC file or to a PDF file? ...

The same question asked a zillionth times. But anyway, although you didn't provide your source code, the answer should be again to replace the method name storeAsURL with storeToURL.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Code Snippets All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: