OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Page numbering stops at p.9 then all later pages are p.1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loobyloo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:15 am    Post subject: Page numbering stops at p.9 then all later pages are p.1 Reply with quote

Dear All

When I make documents in Writer, the page numbering goes consecutively from 1-9 then reverts to 1 for all subsequent pages. Does anyone know how to make it stop doing this?

Thanks

looby
OO 3.3.1 / Linux Mepis 8.0
ftack

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never observed this myself. It is difficult to remedy a problem that I can't reproduce.

The only way a page number can reset is upon a *manual* page break *with* change in page style (the changed page style can be the same). To check this, place the cursor in the first paragraph of the new page, then Format - Paragraph, text flow tab. If Breaks - Insert - With page style is checked, and number 1 is specified, then that's the culprit.
keme

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be that only the first digit of the page number shows, due to some conflict between numbering placement, margins, other objects, and/or printer limitations. Does this occur when viewing document on screen, or only on paper? What happens if you create 20+ pages (do you see 2 instead of 1)?

You may accidentally have set a paragraph style that resets the page number. Does this occur in one document (or a few similar ones), or is it the same for every new document?
loobyloo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keme wrote:
It may be that only the first digit of the page number shows, due to some conflict between numbering placement, margins, other objects, and/or printer limitations.

Thank you both of you for your replies.

The problem was as you've said in that paragraph there keme. For some strange reason the footer was divided into two columns. If I make one of the columns bigger I can see the correct page numbers. When I have more time I will find out why the footer is behaving like this but that's my immediate problem sorted out.

Thank you again.

looby
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: