OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

open office writer formula code

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nightmanphill

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: open office writer formula code Reply with quote

how do i find a list of formula coding for writer.

Im making an invoice and in the total colum i want to put $ signs before the total ie: $ 23.00

The code im using now to times the amount of item with the cost of items is =<A2>*<C2>

A=Amount of items
B=Cost of items

I also have 0's where there are no items or total amounts. how can i get rid of them?

you can download the piece im talking about here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/404419798/Bills_master_Invoice.odt.html

cheers phill
Robert Tucker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:49 am    Post subject: Re: open office writer formula code Reply with quote

nightmanphill wrote:
Im making an invoice and in the total colum i want to put $ signs before the total ie: $ 23.00

Just format the cell to currency. Select the cells in the Total column, right click and select Currency (as Category) and Australian Dollars (as Format).

nightmanphill wrote:
I also have 0's where there are no items or total amounts. how can i get rid of them?

Try selecting the cells and hitting delete a few times. If you were to use Calc you could switch them off at Tools>Options...>OpenOffice.org Calc>View.

=<A2>*<C2> I think that works, doesn't it?
nightmanphill

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: $ signs solved Reply with quote

Solved

Just format the cell to currency. Select the cells in the Total column, right click and select Currency (as Category) and Australian Dollars (as Format).

Not solved

Try selecting the cells and hitting delete a few times. If you were to use Calc you could switch them off at Tools>Options...>OpenOffice.org Calc>View.By hitting delete i also remove the =<A2>*<C2>. I cant get rid of the numerals without also removing the =<A2>*<C2>

=<A2>*<C2> I think that works, doesn't it? Yes it does .thank you, Thought i might have to change to get the right result in the total column

Link to upgraded invoice.
http://rapidshare.com/files/404555645/Bills_master_Invoice.odt.html
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Not solved
Select cells, right click > Number Format and enter the following format code:
#,##0.00;-#,##0.00;""

Positive ; negative ; zero
Robert Tucker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: $ signs solved Reply with quote

nightmanphill wrote:
Not solved

Try selecting the cells and hitting delete a few times. If you were to use Calc you could switch them off at Tools>Options...>OpenOffice.org Calc>View.By hitting delete i also remove the =<A2>*<C2>. I cant get rid of the numerals without also removing the =<A2>*<C2>

Try the number format:

[$$-C09]#,##0.00;[RED]-[$$-C09]#,##0.00;""

See:

http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=65642
nightmanphill

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solved

Solved

Try the number format:
[$$-C09]#,##0.00;[RED]-[$$-C09]#,##0.00;""

My thanks to Robert Tucker for the solutions.

I think its looking good now and acting like i want it to.
So far with the changes it looks like this:
http://rapidshare.com/files/404589205/Bills_master_Invoice.odt.html

So now i want to add automatic date "changeable"
Also automatic invoice no. "changeale"
be able to select from a list of customers.

So do i need to use another program to work with it. As in if i was using microsoft office i would use access i think.

cheers phill.
Robert Tucker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nightmanphill wrote:
So now i want to add automatic date "changeable"

See:

http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/DateTime2

nightmanphill wrote:
Also automatic invoice no. "changeale"
be able to select from a list of customers.

So do i need to use another program to work with it. As in if i was using microsoft office i would use access i think.

So you are looking at creating a database using Base. If you register it you should be able to use the tables and queries you make as datasources in Writer or Calc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: