OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

SOLVED -- Can't open merge data file

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boboof
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject: SOLVED -- Can't open merge data file Reply with quote

Finally figured out how to do a mail merge, and now OOo doesn't seem to be able to find the file and table I need.

My files are on an external usb drive, and Dolphin can find the drive and file, and OpenOffice can find a file on that drive, but when I try to use the data file spreadsheet, using F4 to select data and complete my label merge, OOo tells me that the desired drive and file are not available... "unable to open.... check connection...."

It has the correct path and file name, but for some reason OO merge is unable to access a file that it knows the way to. I do not understand how a drive could be mounted for some part of OO and not for others..

Anyone????
Thanks...
Bob

Last edited by boboof on Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
boboof
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to mark this one solved... not sure what happened, but I tried it again, and the merge worked as it should, with no problem.

Thanks all
Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: