OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Positioning hand drawings exactly before jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Draw
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hopes4dreams

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:48 am    Post subject: Positioning hand drawings exactly before jpg Reply with quote

Hi

I do a lot of hand drawn animation sequencies, sometimes up to 30 separate frames at a time, which I then enter into Paint for conversion to jpg. I need to get round the frustrating problem with Word '98 of trying to position or fix them all exactly into one spot on the "ground" before jpg., so that it's a smooth transition from one movement to the next when played in Windows Media. Most times the animations jump up, down or sideways slightly from one to the next which ruins the effect completely.

I'm using XP so Is there a feature on OpenOffice that will allow this fixing or centralising first please ?

Really hope someone can help .... one way or the other Smile

Thanks
keme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have positioning guides on your drawings, you could have one "blank" drawing (only those guides) in the background, and have your drawings snap to that.

Perhaps better: See if you can use the Gimp, with Gimp Animation Package (GAP). I haven't used it myself, but AFAIK it uses layers for animation (one layer for each drawing) and allows you to work much like in a traditional, hand drawing animation setting: Semi transparent "paper" allows you to see the previous frame(s) while working with one frame.
Hopes4dreams

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great thanks for the idea. Haven't tried Gimp yet but will try both in future. Any idea how to match up hundreds of existing drawings with OpenOffice or is it too late ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Draw All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: