OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

font problem export to powerpoint

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Math
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeffergj

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:19 am    Post subject: font problem export to powerpoint Reply with quote

When I export to powerpoint (on linux) then open in powerpoint on a PC most everything looks perfect except
math/equations dont display properly due to (I guess) use of non-windows fonts. Is there a fix?
Can we tell math to use standard windows fonts?
Can we create bitmaps of the equations during conversion?

I need this to work on PC's with no admin privs so installing fonts or anything else on the PC is not an option.
jeffergj

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

update, made a bit of progress. If we specify mathtype conversion under load/save options, then save as powerpoint
it sort of works, although you need to open/close each equation in powerpoint to fix up the fonts.

The load/save options dialog is rather ambiguous as to what file formats it is affecting by the way.
Robert Tucker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this thread will help:

http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=13926
jeffergj

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Robert,
The issue here is primarily with the font caracters oomath uses for large brackets and that sort of thing. My WAG is the specifics of the opensymbol font are hard coded into oomath, such that a hack substitution of the microsoft symbol font would have very undesirable results.

The oomath code really would need to be aware of the new font metrics for that to work at all. (Ant then it will still not be great since it is a seriously inferior font)

The best solution for my situation would be to do a bitmap conversion when saving to powerpoint format.

By the way, if you do that "to mathtype" converison noted above, open on a pc, then bring back into impress you'll find that mathtype has added a lot of garbage to the nice oomath typesetting syntax. Looks ok, but further editing will be tough.

All this reminds me of the old Mac vs PC mathtype wars in the early 90's..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Math All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: