OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

OpenOffice Impress in version 3.3.0 Error Message

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coachianscott

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:15 am    Post subject: OpenOffice Impress in version 3.3.0 Error Message Reply with quote

Hi All,
A few days ago, I upgraded to the latest version of OpenOffice. In the previous version, I could use Impress with no issues. But now, since installing the latest version, each time that I try to use Impress to create a slide presentation using some of the presentation backgrounds, the following error message loads:
" Can not load library 'LXBZPRP.DLL' . Using defaults. Error 126."

Could someone help me resolve the nature of the error message, and a workable solution to eliminating this error?

Thanks in advance,
- coachianscott Smile
coachianscott

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Downgraded to version 3.0 Reply with quote

Since my last post regarding the error message I was getting with Impress in version 3.3.0, I went back to an earlier version, and everything is working fine now. Seems there may be a bug in the latest version of OpenOffice.
cantueso
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: the same problem Reply with quote

We have seen the problem mainly with OpenOfficeDraw. The Error126 message comes up, and if you hit it ten times or more, it disappears, and then sometimes (if you are patient enough) the drawing asctually loads.

The files are from a 2. version. The complete eror message is
"cannot load library LXDAPRP.DLL. Using defaults. Error: 126"
cantueso
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:49 am    Post subject: same problem Reply with quote

There is yet another problem. If you open a 2. version OpenOffice Writer and change something, you cannot open it anymore.

I think I will also have to eliminate the new version and try to re-install the old one.

I can do that rather safely because I have another computer where the 3.3 version was never installed
Normek

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:12 am    Post subject: " Can not load library 'LXBZPRP.DLL' . Using defaults. Reply with quote

Hi all,
This error message, " Can not load library 'LXBZPRP.DLL' . Using defaults. Error 126", also occurs in Calc in OpenOffice 3.3, for spreadsheets containing user defined functions. I too have reinstalled OpenOffice 3.2 until the the bug is fixed.
cantueso
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I re-installed my own old 2.0 version, and there was no problem. That old version was even able to open papers or drawings made with the 3.3 edition.
nigelhall

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the same set of error messages from OpenOffice writer after installing 3.3.

After a little bit of investigation I find that LXBZPRP.DLL is part of the Lexmark 510 printer driver and associated software. As I was not attempting to print on that model of printer I was irritated that the Lexmark software had got in the way.

Uninstalling the Lexmark 510 printer software solves the problem and allows me to use OO3.3. You could adopt the same solution provided you don't wish to use your Lexmark 510 printer any more.

N
keme

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updating the Lexmark driver or changing driver type (from product specific to universal or vice versa) might also solve the problem. The newest universal printer driver from Lexmark, with support for the C510, was published in December 2010. In general, drivers supplied on CD are quite old (often a very early version for that printer). The Z510 is, to my knowledge, a very different printer, and requires the product specific driver (there is no universal driver to support that model).
In any case, download drivers if you can, to ensure you get the latest version.

If that fails, you can also try to use a driver for a different printer. See the handbook, if there's a list of models that your printer will emulate.
nigelhall

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The newest universal printer driver from Lexmark, with support for the C510, was published in December 2010.

I should have made it clear that my problem was associated wiith an ancient Z510. From memory, the drivers for this model never made it to Vista. I think the time has probably come with this printer and software to "condemn a little more and understand a little less".

Quote:
In any case, download drivers if you can, to ensure you get the latest version.

Very wise advice.

N
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: