OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Business Days Till (...) Countdown?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulGanguly

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Business Days Till (...) Countdown? Reply with quote

Hello all,

I searched high and low for this function, but I hit a bit of a dead-end.

I would like to create a countdown using a pre-set number of business days between now, and a deadline in the future.

The document I am working on is set up as follows:

There are a pre-set number of working days between the beginning of a 6-week sales and product-completion term.

Currently, I have formulas referencing a cell with a number of working days between now and a deadline.

Each day, I must take one day off, per working-day, so that projections and surplus/deficit numbers are re-calculated.

Ideally, this would be done automatically. It only needs to recalculate daily.

Also, the document must remain viewable and editable by at least 3 users on 3 computers (each also running OO)

What I would like to determine is if there is a way create an automatic countdown, which will also stipulate certain days which will not be counted (ie. non-working days, such as weekends, holidays, etc.)

**Edit**

Also, I apologize for my first post being in the form of a new thread,

And I sincerely thank you all in advance for any assistance with this issue.
swingkyd
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe this can be done with some math (ie. determine mathematical sequence for 5 or 6 day work week), using the "today()" function and basing your formulas on these values. However, your request for having something editable by 3 people and open by 3 people cannot be done simultaneously (of course)...You'd need a database application with the same functionality that sends a feed to the person's personal version of the program to be simultaneous.

Anyway, without more details it's hard to give any concrete solution. It's something I'd be interesting in sorting out for my own purposes as well.
thomasjk
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look at the Networkdays function. It gives you the number of workdays between two dates.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: